Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Old World Cottage



Moving to the right of the alcove with the table and chairs from yesterday's painting, this is the main entrance to the lovely cottage in Eygalieres. Both paintings are the same size, so would look great on the wall as a diptych. I am reminded of the hot day I spent on site, painting this rustic old place after tromping all over the village to find just the right thing to capture. If you look the village up on Google, you will see how it is situated on a hill and the streets climb up and up to amazing vistas. Looking up at the village and looking down from above are equally splendid, so it's anyone's guess why I settled on only one cottage to paint. I guess it's because this place was so inviting that it just drew me right in. To be honest, I'm having a hard time letting these two go.........

No comments:

Post a Comment