Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Itty Bitty Ireland





This is an itty bitty painting of an itty bitty street in an itty bitty country. Besides that, last September I painted an itty bitty watercolor while sitting in an itty bitty car with my forever buddy Leslie. It was drizzly, so we sat in the car while painting and little by little the light was fading to the point that we could barely see. We kept adding color because our paintings looked so washed out and when we got back to our B&B were SHOCKED to see that our paintings were practically florescent! My husband loves my little watercolor and won't part with it, so I offer this second version of a completely delightful moment in time. While I was there, my Dad who was also on the trip, informed me that his father was half Irish, a small detail that I never knew before last year. No wonder I have such an affinity for the Emerald Isle and consider green to be my favorite color.............................

No comments:

Post a Comment