Friday, March 2, 2012

Enjoy the Journey



The title and theme of this painting reflect the message that I most need today, so I offer it as a prayer of encouragement. I took a batch of photos in the Hill Country of Texas a few years ago and this one has been speaking to me over and over. Today was the day to bring it to life and give it the same feeling I had the day I was on this little back road near Fredericksburg. That is one dreamy area in the Spring and it was a day that I truly enjoyed the journey. My head is hanging a little bit today, so I'm choosing to take a walk in the sunshine, smell the flowers and revel in the wonder of LIFE.


4 comments:

  1. Very well done, Erin, and speaks to me since this area is not too far from where I live. Thank you for sharing your art. It can be overwhelming to put yourself out there everyday, but you will progress at the speed of light by sharing what you're doing with all of us. Your are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely scene, Erin, great work! ~sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, do I sure know about " head hanging" times, Erin!! But this pic brings peace, just looking at it and imagining what's down that road. LOVE the colors you used! May the Lord be "the lifter of your head" today. Love you! And LOVE seeing how many paintings you've sold!! YAY for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS This pic reminds me of the Springs Road ( Richardson Springs, CA)....except that this one isn't paved. ( The Springs Rd had SO many potholes that one wondered if it should have been left as a dirt road!) Driving that road from Chico into the Springs of Living Water Christian conference center where we lived for 16 yrs always brought me peace - didn't mind the bumps at all.

    ReplyDelete