Friday, March 30, 2012

Dusty and Rusty



Many years ago I sat on the street in Ukiah California with a group of painters and painted this garage scene in watercolor. I'm revisiting it in oil because I love the haphazard arrangement of old chairs, the pink bed frame and other stuff gathering dust. My great aunt used to have a set of those funny round chairs like the green one and I remember days around her table eating potato salad and other simple delights that kids like. I'm sentimental that way and wish old stuff like this could talk. Just think of all the family dinners with the rambunctious kids asking for more spaghetti, and the grown ups lingering over cake and coffee while the typical but pleasant day comes to an end. Smiling faces. Filled up tummies. Regular stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment