Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring Fever



Made a trip to Placerville to see my Mom in the hospital yesterday and thankfully she is on the mend. I was in such a hurry to get going that I neglected to pack my art supplies and boy was I miserable today as I drove by one glorious field of mustard after the other. However, I realized that I had several 10x10 panels in the back seat and a felt pen in my purse, so I wandered around til I found some great stuff. I whipped out my iPad and took a bunch of photos and then plunked myself down then and there to do a drawing. Raced home and up to my studio to apply the paint and here you have it. Yellow on yellow, with the mustard playing second fiddle to the daffodils up front and all singing their joyous songs of  Springtime out in the Alexander Valley near Geyserville. At least I got to have my cake and eat it too, though there were 2 hours of winding roads in between bites.

2 comments:

  1. Trying again (3x this morning) to post a comment.
    BEAUTIFUL, Erin!! I LOVE daffodils - you captured the essence of the "wild" setting!
    Can't imagine having to drive from where you live, all the way to Placerville, then back in the same day! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete