Monday, March 19, 2012

Open Invitation



Mark and Joanie have a wonderful coffee table book titled, "The Most Beautiful Villages of France". I took some notes before one of my last trips to Provence and actually went out of my way to see just how wonderful Eygaliers really was. Leslie and I tromped all over the town, up the uphill lanes and back and forth across the level ones. We ate, we shopped and we finally settled on a little scene of one single house. This open nook was like a magnet, and by gosh if we couldn't be invited to share a meal with this family, we could at least paint it! They never appeared, or we might have eaten my favorite French meal- salad de chevre chaud. Coincidentally, I just this minute ate a little round of goat cheese that I prepared in the same way that they do!



No comments:

Post a Comment