Sunday, September 1, 2013

Diggin' the Dahlias



The weather on the north coast has been amazingly hot and humid for about 3 weeks. All the locals are complaining 'to beat the band' as my grandma used to say, even though we have nothing to really complain about. Phil and Joan, our forever friends came to town and enjoyed all sorts of fabulous outdoor endeavors, including a visit to the Mendocino Coast Botanical Gardens. They came upon me as I was trying to capture the spectacular dahlia garden and 'shot' me without my knowing it. Here I am trying to tame the wild coastal pines while expressing the color of the blooms in all their glory. 



1 comment:

  1. Next time I come to Mendocino, I want to go to those botanical gardens. Ed and I went AGES ago - not sure we even had kids yet, it was SO long ago. I remember that it was a GORGEOUS place to walk. Nice job, Erin - and thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete