Monday, September 23, 2013

Welcome to Mendocino



I'm in a "Less is More" kinda mode these days, meaning I am trying to tell my story with fewer details, colors and brush strokes. Trying to create larger and more dominant shapes, accompanied by smaller areas of detail and bits of contrast. It is not easy for someone that sees everything, even the fly on the windowsill from 100 feet away. This piece was done during the 'Quick Draw' segment of the Mendocino Open Paint Out and I may have posted it during the event. I rather like the big block of warm color and the narrow stripe of Main Street, all set off by the quiet sky and snippet of ocean. Hope you do too.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Erin. I don't know what it actually looks lie but that is part of the mystery for me. The colors are rich; the buildings done perspectively well.

    ReplyDelete