Friday, September 20, 2013

Tunnel Reflections



Realizing just how tired I am after last week because I've only posted twice! My son has been in town, so the pace has been different because of that too. I did this little piece last week when the skies were gray but the temps were warm. I live within spitting distance of this spot but have only painted it twice in 27 years, crazy huh? People walk to the end of that arch and have their photos taken, but I am content to enjoy it from a safe distance..................

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Erin. I totally understand not painting what is in our own back yards. There are adobe churches in NM that have been painted hundreds of times...started by Georgia O'Keeffe maybe. I haven't been interested in painting them...thinking "not another painting" of a particular church. Instead I rode my bike among the flowering "weeds" of NM and chose to portray their beauty.

    Your work is exquisite. I particularly like "Harbor Happiness".

    ReplyDelete