Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bayside Glimpse



Posting something new today, a watercolor I did last fall on the island of Serifos in Greece. We were lollygagging at a waterfront cafe, doing our email while sipping coffee and eating our glorious omelettes and salads. I liked using my 'magic minutes' to capture some of the wonder that was ever before me and rather liked the feel of this one because of the leaning tree trunks framing the little fishing boat. What a land of delight in every way- sunshine, olives, goats, feta cheese, WATER, boats, donkeys, whitewashed dwellings, oregano, dusty pathways, kitty cats and steps, steps, steps. Hope it gets under your skin like it's done to me and that we can travel there together one day soon.

2 comments:

  1. Your DPW Gallery looks fabulous, Erin. I see all those bids! How fantastic!
    I love your descriptions of your paintings. I think they add a lot to the feeling of your blog...a fun, cheerful place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work makes me happy each morning, Erin!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete