Friday, February 17, 2012

Over the River and Through the Dale




Besides living on one of the most beautiful coastlines on earth, I get to make my way home through the equally fabulous Anderson Valley. It is often sunny when the coast is foggy (see that gray billowy stuff in the background?), so it is great fun to escape to the heat for fun and frolicking. This property is the backside of Standish Winery and is definitely a favorite spot. The tasting room is upstairs in the apple dryer and they serve up one of the most distinctive pinots on the planet. I hope you have a chance to visit me one day and also take the time to stop and sip along the way. 



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I love how you cropped this picture and made such a lovely painting from such a small snippet of it! Lovely colors!

    And I do remember the coastal fog! We lived in Lompoc for five years when my husband was in the Air Force. The fog would come in around three or four in the afternoon and obscure everything. It would lift about ten o'clock every morning.

    ReplyDelete