Sunday, February 26, 2012

Luminous Landmark



I pass this historic house often as I make my way north and south on highway 1 here on the Mendocino coast.
I haven't been inside, but imagine how life might have been lived in the 1800's, before the highway separated the house from the barn on the west side. I can "see" children frolicking on the sloping hillside, running in and out for lemonade, picking blackberries or everyone just plain enjoying themselves on the sunny porch. The eucalyptus trees certainly add to its grandeur and change color throughout the day depending on the way the sun hits them, one of my favorite aspects of this property known as The Spring Ranch. The end of the day is markedly my favorite though, when everything is bathed in this luscious, golden light. 

1 comment:

  1. I knew exactly where this house was as soon as this pic popped into my Inbox this morning - I too have had those same thoughts about its history and who might have lived there when it was built, etc etc. GREAT job, Erin! Am watching the Gallery slide show on the right and seeing how many of your paintings have sold - that's a DIRECT answer to prayer for you....SO happy for you! Love from Patty

    ReplyDelete