Monday, February 6, 2012

Right in My Own Backyard



We've had some fabulous winter weather lately, so I took advantage of it and went out painting. This stand of trees is just north of my studio and graces the headlands in every kind of weather condition. I love these trees. It was a challenge to compose something so majestic and awe inspiring into this small format, but it was a magical morning and I hope you can smell the salt air right along with me.  A lovely couple happened along and did a "walk-by shooting" of me, so can share that as well!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful job, Erin! I love the warm colors in the tree trunks. Beautiful light and shadows!

    Your Gallery link with the photo montage looks fabulous. And I can see the bids. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one knows how difficult it is to paint "en plein air" until they've tried. I've tried and know the amount of thought, time, and energy it took. You did a beautiful job of handling all of the editing that goes on when looking at that much detail. Bravo on your painting and your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure how you did it, but your trees are even more beautiful than those on the bluff!! Must be b/c of the warm colors on the trunks, as Virginia commented.....I noticed the very same thing right away. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Erin. I love what you're doing (and I subscribed). I recently "pinned" this pic onto Pinterest; are you familiar with it? Might be another way to let people see your wonderful work (already a few of my friends have expressed interest...) See what I did, and one response, here: https://pinterest.com/pin/188095721906737591/

    I can send you an invitation if you're interested; will need an email address.

    ReplyDelete