Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Bold and Bright



The other day when Elaine and I were out at Pacific Star Winery, I shot this photo of their glorious container garden. It seemed sacrilegious at the time to paint anything other than the majestic ocean, so decided to try this today while in the studio. A few things are going haywire in our lives right now, so this piece is working on cheering me up. It's really hard not to smile at such lavish color adorning these gorgeous urns, so I hope that all of us are uplifted simultaneously. 
I thought I'd also include the photo I took last night just as the sun was slipping. We raced outside for 5 minutes and I was able to just catch the coral dusting on the underside of the clouds.....


1 comment:

  1. What's happening in your life right now, Erin? Do you need prayer for something specific?

    ReplyDelete