Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Picture Postcard Village



Nope, it's not a photo. Decided today to go ahead and strike while the iron was hot by using the photo I posted 2 days ago for today's painting. It's just so neat that a painter can nix funky stuff like gas stations in the background and cause the bushes to bloom don't you think? To tell you the truth, these wild roses are everywhere about town and in my photo they were simply spent. It took me til the end of the day to carve out the time for this, but at least the sun was blazing brightly and I was able to snap a shot of the finished piece in the nick of time.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed RIGHT AWAY that you'd added the flowers to the bushes and that the red roof was gone - nice touches, Erin! Adding more blue ocean in the background instead of the fog was the final BEST touch of all! Love it!

    ReplyDelete