Saturday, August 11, 2012

Siesta Time on Santorini



This is a scene right out of the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" as it is the very harbor where it was filmed. This folks, is the stupendous harbor at the village of Oia on the Greek island of Santorini. It is teaming with tourists, but in the late afternoon everyone is indoors resting up for the raucous evening ahead. Night life on the Greek Islands can be colorful, or calm and romantic. You can be sure though, that dinner never starts before 9pm and the festivities go into the wee hours. I had the privilege of sitting on some big rocks to capture this amazing little scene as I was one of the few people not sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. I love your commentary as much as I love your paintings. I hope that sometime I get to go to Greece and see and see for myself how beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete