Friday, August 24, 2012

Rooftops and Whitewater



Several years ago I had the privilege of visiting a new friend that owned a house with this view. It's across the highway from the village and high above the rooftops with the horizon line way, way up there. I painted from her west facing deck and took a bunch of photos for use at a later time. I re-visited this vantage point after having painted the other picture postcard type image the other day. It is just SO amazing that I get to live in such a gloriously beautiful place. It nourishes my heart and soul to be sure and I never take it for granted. It calms me when the trials assail, and believe me there have been a few too many of those lately. Hope you enjoy the visual feast and that you come away buoyed in spirit as well.

1 comment:

  1. OHHHhhh, Erin!! An AMAZING view by God and a SUPER painting by you!! I LOVE it! And I empahthize w/ your trials these days....am dealing w/ some myself. I look forward to seeing your pics before I head off to Costco to work in the Food Court in Santa Rosa. Much love to you from me.

    ReplyDelete