Friday, August 10, 2012

Bygone Roses



Once upon a time there was a tumbledown shack north of Fort Bragg that was covered with wild roses and it drew many a photographer and painter.  It could easily be seen from highway 1 and was truly considered a favorite local landmark for too many years to count. From just the right angle, you could see the ocean behind it and even through the open rafters come fog or come shine.We aren't quite sure who kicked it over, but understand that it happened on the sly so as to not incite public fury. It did create public grief however, and is still sorely missed to this day so I'm offering this as a token of my own fond remembrance. 

1 comment:

  1. Our family well-remembers this - used to specifically look for this beloved "landmark" as we drove out to Mackerricher. Was sad when it no longer existed - thought it just finally fell down. Now I know.
    HOpe your trip yesterday was a good one and that you got home in time for your night function. SO wished I could have joined you for lunch - please DO let me know the next time you are in Sebastopol or Santa Rosa - will do my best to come see you! Want to get to Mendo / Ft Bragg one day, too - but that will have to wait until I get employed. Love you, Erin!

    ReplyDelete