Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Impressions from Pacific Star



Elaine and I went up to the Pacific Star Winery and had an absolutely idyllic few hours basking in the HOT sunshine. I know that this is hard for you to believe, but it was probably 70 degrees there and very little wind, so we sat in the coolest spot possible. We had a little picnic and I couldn't resist pulling out my paints and try to figure out a way to compose one of the most glorious sights on the north coast. It's not that I haven't painted it before, but it certainly is a challenge each time to decide what should be the most important element. This time I liked the odd looking giant rocks on the right and I'm hoping that they ring your bell too.



1 comment:

  1. It's the depths of the BLUES in your pic, as well as the rusty color on the rocks, that make this a "WOW" pic for me, Erin. Nice job!
    But then again, I've always liked browns and blues together....some people don't.

    ReplyDelete